Можем да използваме about в английския език със значението на „относно”.
- I have heard all about it.
- There is nothing we can do about it.
- The great thing about her is that she never gives up.
Можем също така да използваме about в английския език със значението на „приблизително”. Със същото значение можем да използваме и around, но about е по-неофициално.
Можем да използваме How about и What about в английския език за да правим предложения.
- What about asking Tom?
- How about leaving that for the time being?
- What about a break?
What about (но не How about) може да се използва в английския език за по-искрени въпроси.
- What about the workers? Have you thought about them?
- What about the dog? What do we do with her?
Използваме about и on, когато говорим за обекта на дискусията. On използваме в официални ситуации.
- They talked about the bad economic situation.
- He gave a lecture on the economy.
About в английския език може да означава „тук и там” („here and there”).
Just about означава „почти”.
- I have just about finished.
- I have had just about enough of him and his patronizing tone.
- The money we get will just about pay for the new equipment.
Be about to означава, че нещо е на път да се случи.
- I am about to change jobs.
- He is about to give in his resignation.
- Please listen carefully. i am about to say something important.
Някои полезни изрази с използване на about:
no doubt about
- There is no doubt about his ability but he doesn’t work well with other people.
bring about change
- We need to bring about change quickly or the company will go bankrupt.
everybody is talking about it
- Everybody is talking about the argument they had.
be asked about
- I am often asked about how I became so successful.
speak to them about
- You need to speak to them about this and make sure they never do it again.
anything I can do about it?
- Is there anything I can do about my financial situation?
- i’m concerned about Simon. He is acting very strangely.
We can only speculate about what happened. We will never know for sure.
about to change
- I am not happy with what has been happening. I must warn you that things are about to change around here.
know a lot about
- What are you two whispering about?
- Little is known about what happened.
- I know you have just been to Hawaii. I want to hear all about it.
keep your wits about you
- Be very careful. There are lots of thieves around. Keep your wits about you.
Още статии за английска граматика
Научете английски от вкъщи в удобно за вас време:
- Система на обучение;
- Видео записи от системата ни;
- Мнения и отзиви за учителите;
- Ревюта във Фейсбук.