Конструкцията на изреченията в минало просто време (simple past) в деятелен залог (active voice) в английския език е следната:
Subject + past tense form of the verb + object
Промяна на съобщително изречение от деятелен (active voice) в страдателен залог (passive voice):
- Active: He wrote a letter.
- Passive: A letter was written by him.
- Active: They knew it.
- Passive: It was known to them.
- Active: She sang a song.
- Passive: A song was sung by her.
- Active: He loved his friends very much.
- Passive: His friends were loved very much by him.
Промяна на отрицателно изречение в страдателен залог (passive voice):
- Active: She did not know anything about it.
- Passive: Nothing about it was known to her.
- Active: Nobody could discourage him from pursuing his path.
- Passive: He could not be discouraged from pursuing his path by anybody.
- Active: You did not listen to me.
- Passive: I was not listened to by you.
- Active: She did not write a story.
- Passive: A story was not written by her.
Промяна на въпросително изречение в страдателен залог (passive voice):
Ако изречението в деятелен залог започва с who или whose, изречението в страдателен залог започва с by whom или by whose.
Ако изречението в деятелен залог започва с whom, изречението в страдателен залог започва с who.
- Active: Did he break the window?
- Passive: Was the window broken by him?
- Active: Where could you find such fine art?
- Passive: Where could such fine art be found?
- Active: Did anyone steal your purse?
- Passive: Was your purse stolen by anyone?
- Active: Did anyone hurt your feelings?
- Passive: Were your feelings hurt by anyone?
- Active: Did Alice invite you?
- Passive: Were you invited by Alice?
- Active: Who killed the snake?
- Passive: By whom was the snake killed?
- Active: Why did he punish you?
- Passive: Why were you punished by him?
- Active: Whom did you laugh at?
- Passive: Who was laughed at by you?